- Title: College Student Registers
- Reference Code: IE/NIVAL CR
- Level of Description: Collection
- Creation Dates: [1877-1986]
- Extent And Medium: 166 volumes, mostly leather-bound ledgers with some smaller format notebooks.
Scope and Content
The College Student Registers date from 1877 to 1986, spanning the complete history of the Dublin Metropolitan School (1877 – 1936) and the first fifty years of the National College of Art and Design (1936 – 1986).
These records are mainly in bound volume format with some class attendance registers in ‘notebook’ format. There are approximately 25,000 named individuals and provide a unique record of Irish artists and designers over a period of more than a century. Entries are alphabetical and provide details such as name, age, occupation, address, class number, registration number and fees paid. The records also contain important social and demographic information.