- Reference Code:IE/NIVAL AR/1016
- First Name: Michael
- Last Name: Healy
- Gender: Male
- Date of Birth:
- Date of Death:
- Place of Birth:
- Area Of Practice:
- Artwork Type Technique:
- Stained Glass
- Oil Painting
- Physical Location:
Artist Files Collection
- Public Collection:
- National Gallery of Ireland, Dublin.
- Crawford Municipal Gallery, Cork.
- Drogheda Municipal Art Collection.
- Hugh Lane Municipal Gallery, Dublin.
- Limerick City Gallery of Art (includes National Collection of Contemporary Drawing).
Other Info Source:
Snoddy's Dictionary of Irish Artists, 20th Century (1996)
1898 1st prize for drawing from life, RHA
First Apprentice of the Irish Arts and Crafts Studio.
Healy was a member of An TÃºr Gloine. He executed many windows for churches all over Ireland, his first work in stained glass was an angel, painted for the annunciation window in Loughrea Cathedral in 1903. He carried out many commissions for churches throughout the world and also exhibited his oil paintings regularly at the RHA from (1912-1914). File contains newspaper clippings and images of the artists work.
View more information about this artist